Project Mercury was the first man-in-space program from 1958-1963.
The 3 specific goals of Project Mercury were
- To orbit a manned spacecraft around Earth
- To investigate man's ability to function in space
- To recover both man and spacecraft safely
- Screen printed in Los Angeles, CA
- Water based soft inks printed on front
- Each print has unique vintage texture/look
- 100% 6 oz cotton jersey
- Set-in rib collar with shoulder-to-shoulder taping
- Double-needle sleeve and bottom hem
- Preshrunk to minimize shrinkage
- Wash infrequently inside out in cold water, tumble dry low heat or hang dry.